Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Polish Review- Bellskandi- Thermal Polish

Hiiiiii guys!!! 

It has been a crazy two weeks! I got engaged and now we have a date and a place for our wedding!! I couldn't be happier!! So, you know what that means?! WEDDING PLANNING! Holy. S&!@. 

Anyways! Today I have a review on awesome thermal polishes by Bellskandi (@bellskandi on Instagram). 

Let's start off with 1961. This is a green, minty jelly polish. In cold temperature it is bright green/mint color. 

In room temperature it starts to fade into a very light mint green color. 

In warmer temperature it turns completely clear. 

Because 1961's final transition is clear, I layered it over two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. 

The next polish is Ramona Flowers. It's a jelly pink polish in cold temperature. 

It starts to transition into a lighter pink in room temperature. 

By warmer temperature, it's clear. 

Also layered over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. 

Last polish is Plumberry. This is a purple jelly polish with fine silver glitter. Plumberry is a triple changing thermal polish. In cold temperature it is purple. 

This polish starts to turn blue in room temperature. You can better see the darker blue by the tip of my nail. 

Once it hits a warmer temperature, it turns clear and you are left with the fine silver glitter. Neat, huh? 

Bellskandi is 3Free meaning it does not contain harmful chemicals and it is cruelty free. Overall, these polishes had a good formula. Because these are jelly based polishes, opacity can be achieved with 3 coats or more, depending on your personal preference. I recommend waiting in between coats as it can get just a little thick and using a white undie. This way, you can better see the transformation. 

It seems as though thermal polishes are making a comeback in the indie polish community. I'm happy they're coming back as these are super fun! Especially if you have some length in your nails. You end up with a 'natural' gradient! 

Check out Natalie over at her etsy shop for availability on her polishes:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BellsKandi 

Thanks so much for viewing!
Later days. 

*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagment! I just bought 3 thermals from the line including plumberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Cool! I hope you like them. They're a lot of fun! :)

      Delete